Expert Debt Management
Expert Debt Management
Debt Free Tips
When you are in debt it is hard to imagine ever being out of debt, but you can make it happen. There are some very simple things that you can do to start paying off your debt and even begin to live a debt free life. It may take you months or even years to get to that point, but living without the burden of debt is something that is worth working for.
How You Can Be Debt Free
- Stop using your credit cards. Put them in a drawer and pay with cash. If you cannot afford something with cash, chances are you don't really need it. Don't use credit cards again, except in cases of true emergencies, until all of your balances are paid off.
- Do not apply for new credit cards. Instead, focus on paying off the credit cards that you currently have.
- Consider transferring credit card balances with high interest rates to card with lower interest rates.
- Figure out how much you owe all of the creditors together and form a payment plan.
- Work on paying off the credit cards with the higher interest rates first.
- Consider paying off some of the cards with low balances first so you feel you are making progress.
- Create a budget and stick to it.
- Set goals for yourself and when you achieve them celebrate without over spending.
- Do not charge anything except in the cases of real emergencies.
- Use a check card instead of a credit card.
- Pay your bills by the due date to avoid late fees.
- Own just two to four credit cards, more suggests that you cannot pay your bills without credit.
- Aim to keep your debt to income ratio less than 20%.
- Always pay more than the minimum amount due on your credit card balances.
When you stick to all of these tips religiously you will find that you can begin to reduce debt and even eliminate it in a very short period of time. You will not only be in a better financial position, you will feel better too as the burden of your debt lifts off your shoulders.
Disclaimer: This site is not , nor should it be taken to be, legal, financial or other professional advice. It merely provides a generalized guidance and generalized information only. Consult a financial advisor or an attorney to discuss any legal or financial issues involved with credit and debt decisions.
Copyright © 2008-2024, DebtConsolidation-Credit.Com, All Rights Reserved.
Start by filling in the following Debt Form for a Free No Obligation Debt Consolidation Quote